To get an indication of whether your project may be suitable for funding you can submit a short Expression of Interest form. If the proposal is eligible in principle you will be advised to go through the full application process.
You can submit an Expression of Interest using the online form below (click to open) OR download and return the Expression of Interest document at the bottom of this page.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement from the administration unit within three working days please contact us at 028 38313614
- This form is an Expression of Interest for funding from the NIRDP 2014-2020 and does NOT constitute an application for funding.
- The information provided in this form will be used to advise the applicant if they should:
- continue with the application process
- further develop the project idea
- apply to a more appropriate funding body
- If your project meets the general eligibility criteria for funding under NIRDP you will be requested to complete the official application form, which will be used as the basis upon which your project will be assessed.
- The submission of an Expression of Interest form and/or the application form for NIRDP assistance may not be taken as an indication that the project will be awarded grant aid.
ALL PROJECT DETAILS AND INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE.
Pre-application Funding Workshop
Prior to submitting an application, applicants MUST attend a pre-application funding workshop where detailed guidance on the application and assessment process, the grant aid available and the conditions of funding will be provided. This will also be an opportunity for you to speak to a Project Officer about your project.
You can book your attendance at a Funding Workshop using the online form below (click to open) OR download and return the Workshop Booking Form document at the bottom of this page.
Please note mandatory pre-funding workshops will take place between 24th April and 28th April 2017. Please see the calendar for dates, locations and times.
What are the requirements at time of application?
- You must be 18 years of age or over
- You must have a business plan (Templates for Existing Businesses and applicants to Basic Services Measure can be found below in the downloads section. Alternatively New Businesses can Click here to see template for Business Planning advice and a template Business Plan)
- You must have been recorded as having attended a funding workshop prior to application
- You must have full planning permission in place (if applicable)
- You must provide evidence of match funding
- You must provide quotes to demonstrate the costs of the project
- If you are a new business you must have complete the ‘Start a Business Programme’.
Please contact the SOAR (ABC) Office for advice.
How will the application be processed?
Once an application has been submitted, a site visit will be carried out to talk through your project proposal and to gather additional project information in support of your application.
Applications will be subject to an economic appraisal and checks with statutory agencies for eligibility and funding duplication purposes. The project will be scored by an assessment panel against set criteria and a recommendation will be made to the SOAR (ABC) Local Action Group who will make final funding decisions.
Timescales for application
Details of application calls will be available on the ‘News’ section of our website, advertised in local press or by contacting the SOAR (ABC) office. We aim to have applications assessed and decisions made normally within 12-16 weeks of the closing date on each call.
Journey of an Application
Applicant submits Expression of Interest and is advised on eligibility of project
Applicant attends pre-application workshop
Applicant submits application form and supporting documents
[This is completed online -link will be provided]
Site Visit and Eligibility check carried out by SOAR (ABC)
Application assessed and if successful approved for funding by Local Action Group
If application is successful a letter of offer is issued to the project and funding is awarded
Useful Documents / Tools
Are you investment ready?
To check out if you’re in a strong position to apply for grant aid these checklists may help point you in the right direction. Please note this is not a compulsory part of the application process this is just a simple tool to start you thinking of whether this type of investment is right for your business.
View these documents in the Downloads section at the bottom of this page.